Thursday, November 17, 2011

Realizations!

These past 2 months in England have been so amazing.  I feel so lucky and fortunate to have had the opportunity to take part on such an adventure!

This morning I went on a jog by the river.  It was so beautiful.  I found myself the other day realizing that I need to take time to sometime say to myself,"Hey, Emily! You are in England! Ahhhh!" This morning, it wasn't rainy (as it usually is), and it was a relatively decent temperature too! I put my headphones in, blared some Jack Johnson, among other artists and started jogging...then after only about 100 yards had to stop because I thought I was going to puke.  (Horrible idea to go on a jog when you went out the night before...) So my jog turned into a brisk walk, but that's okay :).  Anyway, I went on a jog/walk around the Trent River.  There are beautiful trees lining the river, there were others walking and running enjoying such a beautiful day, there were swans, there were canoes, it was so pretty! Then as I was taking a little 5 min break and chilling out with listening to some Banana Pancakes and suddenly I heard a little birdie chirping noise that sounded like it was right in my ear! I was looking all around me, obvi a little freaked because I hate birds!! They scare me to death.  Then I imagined a little baby bird in my hood of my jacket and had a little freak out and did a little freak out dance to get the "bird" out of my hood.  How that bird would have gotten there? No idea, in my head I was determined that it was totally there though! Whoever saw my little spaz attack probably got a nice little chuckle out of it. Hahaha

Anyway, I only have about 1 month left here.  It's sinking in, and I know the time is going to go by soooo soooo fast!! I do miss home, and my family and friends so much, but this experience has been something that has definitely changed me and I'm going to miss all of the new friends I've made here just as much.  A little perk is that I now have some friends in other countries for when I feel like a little vaca ;). But,  I feel like I am so much more cultured, responsible, knowledgeable and mature young lady.  Today I woke up with a new outlook:  See the beauty in everything and try to notice the little things.  As the holiday season is approaching I'm realizing how grateful I am for everything and everyone in my life.  I really do have the best family and friends a girl could ask for.  I'm focusing on me from here on out; working out, eating right, studying, and I am going to stop worrying about trying to please everyone-I need to make myself happy first. A little month and a half early New Years resolution I guess you could say ;)

Sorry for the gushy-inspirational post, but just a little insight on my morning!

Gotta get to finishing planning Paris and Barcelonaaa! Ah :)

Oh and not even a month and one of my best friends Gillian is visiting me! Watch out England!!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment